Sunday 24 November 2013

Favourite Artist Post 1

Generally, I like looking at artists that aren't very well known in the industry.  I tend to find artists that draw exactly how I'd like to draw myself but am unable without the amount of work they put into their own, they draw the types of images I'd love to be able to or they use the techniques I desperately want to learn.

The first artist that I remember finding and falling in love with was Marta Dahlig, who I found on DeviantArt when I was about 16.  I remember thinking "this art is amazing" when I found her portfolio and also thinking "I'd like to learn how to do that!"

She was the first digital artist that I'd ever come into contact with, because before her I thought that all art was pencil and paint on paper or canvas.  Her style is super realistic but in the fantasy genre, something that I've always been interested in.


What really drew me in were her Seven Deadly Sins images.  Her inspiration from Alphonse Mucha clearly showing through in these images gave me more incentive to use other artists to help me achieve what was in my head. 



Marta Dahlig has always stuck in my head as the artist that gave me ambition, as her work is so beautifully rendered I will always try my hardest to be as good as she is, my Photoshop skills are not nearly as refined but looking at her work will always inspire me to be better.

The link to her Deviant Art is >>here<<

No comments:

Post a Comment